When I got home after the “All About eBooks Symposium” in San Francisco, the first thing I did was look in the mirror. I had to make sure my head was not turned around backwards, a la Exorcist, from my informational overload exposure. Yes, I was overwhelmed with all I heard.
There is no way I can re-tell all that was said, much of it technical and presented by former Silicon Valley self professed geeks.
Here are some high points:
- Ebook sales have increased in sales 151% since January 2010.
- Reading is accomplished more and more through PCs, smart phones, and iPads.
- Within five years eBooks will overtake printed books.
- EBooks can be published inexpensively on web sites such as Smashwords.
- SEO – Search Engine Optimization – big buzzword – can be accomplished for you by informalracket.com.
- Kindle was the harbinger of eBooks.
- Elisa Rolle is the world’s foremost eBook reviewer. Get a good eBook review from her and you are golden.
- Technology in the eBooks area is changing so fast even the people in the industry cannot keep up.
- Do everything you can to be seen and heard everywhere including internet radio programs.
Even writing this has given me a headache. Now, where is our aspirin bottle?